Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Stuart Weitzman "Hilo" OTK boots - some real deals on my new favorite style!

With boot season officially here, there have been several pairs of my current favorite boots listed on eBay - the Stuart Weitzman "Hilo" OTK style.  As you'll read, prices have been all over the map, including some real deals!  I was even fortunate to snag a pair for myself at much less than original retail.  I've listed recent sales below, with prices from high to low.

This pair was a size 8.5 and "new with box."  The seller said she bought them from Nordstrom and never got a chance to wear them.  They were listed with a Buy It Now price of $700, but sold for a Best Offer.  Can't say that I've ever seen the professionally modeled photo before.  Love that classy blue Stuart Weitzman box, too!




This pair sold for a respectable $360, a little surprising considering that they were a mismatched pair of size 7.5 and 8.  Another auction where the bidding started at a low $9.99 and received 37 bids!


A smart buyer snapped up this size 9.5 gently worn pair for the Buy It Now price of $350.  The starting bid was $250.  This size seems to rarely appear on eBay.



This size 8 pair sold for $330.


This size 8.5 pair appeared in my "saved searches" e-mail from eBay and was already snapped up for the Buy It Now price of $275 by the time I viewed the listing.  Not bad considering this was the only photo and the buyer's description consisted of "Stuart Weitzman Hilo black leather thigh high OTK boots in size 8.5. Excellent condition."


Even this very small size 5.5 pair was snapped up for $250 using Buy It Now.


Another decent deal on this pair, a size 10, for $232.50.  I think it helped that the seller misidentified these boots as "Hammer" style when they are clearly "Hilo."  These look extra tall!



Someone got a decent deal on this size 7.5 pair for $206.50.  Even better if you wanted the original blue box!  The seller said she bought these at the Stuart Weitzman store on Rodeo Drive for $765.


I'm pleased to say that I snagged this size 8.5 pair for just $170!  The seller didn't identify these as "Hilo" either, which I think helped me get a better deal.  Also, they look much nicer in person than the photos.  I was really pleased with this purchase!




Quite possibly the best deal I've ever seen on a pair of "Hilo" boots, these size 6.5 boots sold for $149.99.  They appear to be in great condition and even include the original blue box!