Thursday, September 3, 2015

Vintage 1980s Halston boots make a rare appearance

Someone snapped up these vintage 1980s Halston boots for their Buy It Now price of $27.99.  These boots rarely appear on eBay these days and I remember seeing them sell several years ago in the $100-$200 range.

These classic black leather dress boots are the first "real" boots I ever owned, having bought my pair at our local JC Penney Outlet Store for $18.99 in the early 1980s.  I thought these were a real deal as they originally retailed for $80.  A fashion find for someone on a college budget!

The leather on these boots was buttery soft and they had sexy spiked heels and nice almond toes. I remember they fit snug and they looked better with a skirt or dress than they did over jeans.

The size 8.5 boots in the auction were even the same size I bought back then.  Thought about buying these for a trip down memory lane!






Some of the original advertising for JC Penney's Halson line featured these boots, pictured on the model on the far right.