Thursday, April 4, 2019

Vintage Wild Pair black leather crotch-high boots get snapped up for $49.95!!!

I can't tell you how excited I was when I saw this post come through on my eBay alerts this morning.


Only to click on the link and see this.


In this case, the early bird really did get the worm!  These vintage Wild Pair black leather crotch-high got snapped up for $49.95!!!  One of the best deals I've ever seen on these boots, especially considering their new condition for the low, low price of $49.95.  I wonder how long the auction even lasted?!

I honestly can't say that I'm surprised as these boots even looked stunning from the thumbnail.  So they would have sold at around 7:30am local time, when I was getting ready for work.  Sigh...at least they weren't my size.

And did I mention FREE shipping?!  These babies are made of a nice thick leather so there's some pretty decent weight and I predict will cost at least $10-$12 to ship, especially since the seller is promising Priority Mail.  Yes, the winner practically stole these!  It will be curious to see if they reappear at a future date and sell for much more, what I like to refer to as "investment boots."

Although a small size 7, these were new without box!  The leather has that "like new" sheen and the soles are pristine.  Kudos to the seller for keeping these pristine without the original box.  However, as with most vintage Wild Pair boots I've come across, the heel tips will have disintegrated and need to be replaced.  Fortunately, an easy and cheap fix at most shoe repair shops, usually around $10.






If you've followed this blog (thank you!), I've tracked several sales of this particular Wild Pair style - just type "crotch" in the search box.  Not to be crass, but these boots top out at about 34" uncuffed and are truly crotch-high on most women.

This new size 10 pair sold in October 2018 for it's Buy It Now price of $399.99.

And for comparison purposes, this size 7 pair sold for $259.99 way back in 2013.

I've seen these sell for as much as $400-$500 during the holiday season.  Only the Frederick's of Hollywood thigh-high boots with metal heels fetch as much for vintage boots.

Finally, as a reward for reading down this far, I would be remiss if I didn't share one of my all-time favorite photos of these being professionally modeled.  You're welcome.