Monday, October 20, 2008

Unusual crotch boots sell for almost $200



eBay boot seller "nunya-bidness" scores again with an unusual pair of boots. Although they're not my style, these size 10.5 boots sold for an impressive $197.50.

At 34", they're crotch-high and have sexy gold metal stiletto heels. And they're made in Italy by Munari, so they're good quality. So, what's not to like?

For starters, I've never been a fan of the smooth and suede leather combination on boots. Do one or the other, but not both. While the gold star and stud detail is interesting (and screams vintage 1980s), I'm a purist and like my boots undecorated. Finally, what's with that checked pattern detail at the top? These boots actually look much better cuffed because it hides that pattern.

Don't get me wrong, these boots could be very sexy. Actually, they'd be stunning as part of a costume for a 1980s theme party. I can see them on a blonde with big hair wearing a black leather jacket with big shoulder pads, black knit catsuit, wide leather and metal belt. Nice!